20 September 2006

Wired! & Tired

Yes, this is Devon's office. I agreed to do a little work for Landau, so Terry dropped off my work laptop and I got it set up downstairs with the others. Now that's multi-typing, oops, I mean multi-tasking. [It's really only 3 computers, and five screens, since two computers are hooked up to two screens each.]

1,2,3,4,5 screens, for 4 eyes


Jordan was sleepy & pathetic today. She was still hooked up to the Pedialyte pump, and slept the day away while fighting off a fever. All that quiet gave me some free time to spend 3 hours on the phone back & forth with the insurance company & the hospital. It was worth almost $500 to get things straightened out, but since, in the end, both knew what each other wanted and needed, it seemed a little stupid for me to be the middle man in the deal. I was just mad because we were overcharged (and consequently overpaid) $275 in April, and the hospital FINALLY got that sorted out. Just when they were going to refund our money, the insurance company & the hospital got into a dispute about a different bill, so instead of FINALLY refunding the $275, they just diverted it to this current bill. Did I mention that we maxed out our insurance for Jordan in early May, so we are not supposed to pay anything for the rest of the year. Ugggggg. Now I've vented. . . .

Well, as luck would have it, Jordan was up most of the night, slept most of the day, and seems to be perking right up. . . . Seriously, I have got to get to bed early and sleep tonight (if I've said it once I've said it a million times.)

No comments: