07 September 2006

Time To Catch Up

And Eat! Devon made a delicious dinner, mostly all on the BBQ, and we all got to catch up when Terry & Jacoba joined us for dinner tonight. It had been so long. Terry reports that things are busy at work, which is good. It's nice to hear that my other life (as a geologist) hasn't completely disappeared. I do miss it, but I have to admit I don't miss the daily drive to Tigard & back. Less than a year until the lease is up and we can move downtown. Hopefully I'll be able to go back to work by then. Jacoba says things are going really well at the hospital now that they've had their first anniversary and some of the bumps have been smoothed out. She's even working days now, so I plan to stop in and say "hi" when I can.

Avery was on pretty good behavior, for a 2.5-year-old that is. She sure wanted to be the center of attention tonight, and did a pretty good job of using her "excuse me" when the adults were talking. However, she does think that if she says "excuse me," that we're all supposed to stop immediately and pay attention to her, and if we don't she starts yelling it. When I went to see her after she'd gone to bed I asked her if she liked Terry & Jacoba. She said "yes," but was a little worried that "tacoba" was trying to steal her hot dogs. . . . They both got pre-bedtime hugs, so I think they're in her good book.

It's so nice to have people over! We love it! We're not very formal, but we love the time to visit and catch up and talk about things other than Jordan. And Devon loves that he gets to cook a good meal, and that others will really appreciate it (more than me, because I'm a terrible eater). Tonight was BBQ shrimp, mediterranian cous cous, an avacado salsa (for the shrimp and chips), and marinated veggie-kabobs. It was all so yummy!

So, please stop by if you get the chance! We'd love to have you, and you might even get a great meal out of it (although some evenings you might risk a can of baked beans with hotdogs added in, or cereal if I'm cooking).

No comments: