01 November 2006

A Weekend With Betsy

The road to Latourell Falls, in the Columbia Gorge, Oregon Hiking up to the falls. Devon carried Jordan the whole way. It hurt my back just thinking about it. Jordan enjoys the ride.Avery pauses for a couple of minutes at the first viewpoint.A view from farther up the trail.A well deserved break under a nice big tree.We made it, and Avery walked all by herself all the way up!These leaves were huge! (Sorry no scale, but trust me, they were big.)Avery bums a ride for about 30 feet on the way down, after seeing a spider on the trail.
At Vista House, nearby, for another look over the Columbia Gorge.
Betsy & Avery get some final shots at the train station, before Betsy headed back to Seattle & on to Calgary on Monday. Avery started sobbing hysterically when the train started rolling away. "She's my best friend, and I miss she [her]" she cried for about 15 minutes. I guess we'll have to head to Calgary soon to visit our friends there.

No comments: