01 November 2006

UCLA in Pics

At SeaTac. At least someone is sleeping at this hour of the morning. I wished it was me!

Patterson Lake, Washington. Looking down from the upper portion of the road up to Sun Mountain. How does the waiting room at UCLA Medical Center have a painting of an insignificant little lake in the middle of nowhere Washington? Why was I there to see it? Once again, small world.

Getting her hooked up for an EEG -- fast. This one lasted almost 48 hours, and confirmed that she was not having tonic seizures. Phew!
Don't touch my head, Jordan screams, but they just ignore her and keep going, at record pace I might add.

Not one single electrode even wiggled loose over 48-hours. They sure know how to anchor those things.

Finally, some peace and quiet.

Hooked up for an EKG, too, during her PET scan and during the pyroxidine challange.
Uhhhh, does oxygen really help if you aren't even breathing. Jordan ended up not tolerating Propofol for sedation, despite the overwhelming desire for the 3 anesthesiologists we met with, caused Jordan to either stay away, or sleep so deeply she wasn't breathing. Seems like a problem to me.

One more time, into the PET.

We make due in the hospital, even if that's bathing in bed in a dishpan. And believe me, she needed it! She was barfing and pooping everywhere, and I hardly knew which end to attend to. Sedation can make one nauseous.

Hospital bed 1-2-3:

Believe me, I've slept on worse!

No comments: