29 November 2006

Out Of The Mouths Of Babes

Avery's vocabulary has really taken off lately, and her stories and comments are more and more interesting. She's well into the "why" phase, but it's getting more complicated. And her logic skills are growing leaps and bounds.

A few of her funny comments lately have been:

  • Seeing Devon sit down on the coffee table the other day, she scolded him with "don't sit on the table, you don't see me sitting on the table, do you?!"
  • When I told her that the bathroom smelled bad after she used it, she told me "well, if you didn't have a nose, it wouldn't stink."
  • When I felt a wet spot on her pants during the movie the other day, she told me "don't touch my pants, then they wouldn't feel wet." [ultimately I discovered that she sat on an orange slice]
  • She frequently sends us to Time Out as she deems our behavior unacceptable -- and often she's right!
  • One word: BOSSY!

Yes, we are well into the twos, and diving right into the threes. Sometimes its so funny, and cute, and amazing I can't stand it. I'm sure all you parents out there know exactly what I'm talking about!

No comments: