28 November 2006

Under Construction

(photo by Kelly Wood)
Definitely don't hire Avery as a contractor in your house anytime soon! You wouldn't want to try to reason with this stubborn kid, and I'd be worried she'd eat the nails & drywall.

(photo by Kelly Wood)


Yum, olives too! Luckily we were able to convince her to eat them, instead of putting them on the gingerbread house.

(photo by Kelly Wood)

Well, only if they tasted like gum drops & giant Tic Tacs, I suppose. Avery has been dying to make gingerbread houses with Kate since I suggested it last week, so we finally did them last night. My motto, actually battlecry, was "Art Not Eat" -- yeah right! I felt like the teacher from Charlie Brown: "wa wa wa wa wa wa." Honestly, she is one stubborn kid, as she kept popping gum drops into her mouth without even trying to hide it. Granted, it was late, so we suspended construction while she ate 3 hotdogs (yes 3), then went right back to eating the decorations. Consequently, her house is pretty bare, and it was making me crazy.


Kate, on the other hand, was totally into it! She downed a few gumdrops here and there, but she was all about the decorating.
Jordan gets into the holiday spirit, too.

The snowman twins -- they just HAD to wear these tonight night.

1 comment:

Julie, Jeff, Jack, WIll and Jasper said...

Fun! I think I will wait until next year for that activity. Avery's house looks lovely.