06 November 2006

Busted

I tried to sneak out of the house this morning for a playdate with Kelly & Kate & Avery at Kids Club (check out the indoor play structure), but even though Devon was way down in Tigard (25 miles south), he still found out. I was supposed to stay home and finish painting the blue walls before Alan arrived ~1:00pm. But, I just wanted to get out of the house and visit a little, Avery was asking for me to come along, and Grandpa Earl volunteered to paint. I thought I was covered until Devon called and asked me to go look at the brand of door lock on the front door. Of course I wasn't there, so I couldn't, and therefore -- busted.

The girls were off to a bit of a slow start, sticking only to the slides at first. But eventually we convinced them to do a bit more exploring, and they did until they were so tired they were crying (at least Avery was, because Kate wouldn't go through the red tunnel with her). I was in my painting clothes in record time as we walked through the door, and working on the blue trim when Devon got home. We were all cleaned up and ready for Alan & the moulding by 1:00pm, but Alan was late by an hour, and didn't even have the moulding (it was left out in the rain all weekend, and boy did it rain this weekend!). So, I was off the hook, I guess.

My next task of the day was finding carpet for the room. I, personally, am not a fan of carpet, and I learned two things: There are ~562 shades of beige/tan/light brown, and it's all creepy, especially before it's installed. Oh well, like the little bit of carpet we put in downstairs, it's just temporary (until we move the playroom downstairs and convert that room into a dining room in a few years).

Avery is already getting some serious play out of the room, rolling around in the dust, laying on the 2 square feet of carpet samples I brought home, and dipping her fingers in the last dollops of paint waiting to be used for the fine line & final trim of the blue. Then, Avery pulled this one: Mommy, I want my play room to be purple, make it purple! Nope, not gonna happen, darlin', especially since she's always telling us that blue is her favorite color. I think she was just trying to spur me on. Oh, the mind of a 2-year-old.



Finally, the freezer is out in the new pantry, the furniture is back in position, and Alan will be back to keep working. Today, lights, tomorrow, moulding, door, and who knows what else. Getting close!

No comments: