03 May 2007

So Much Fun

It is so, so, so cool to have 3-year-old toys, finally. The marbletrack, the Legos, making bead necklaces, soooo much more fun (for me) than stacking blocks and noisy push-button toys! I love this! I am seriously jealous when I walk through the toy aisles in Target. The toy options these days are AWESOME!

Okay, okay, I organized the Legos the other night after Avery went to bed. I really just needed to get the people, windows, doors, wheels, and other odd pieces out of box to see what was there & put them back together, after ~25 years in storage.
Here's the compromise (for now). All the blocks are in the tub, all the 'special pieces' are in the Tupperware. Avery had flipped the box over with her foot within a few minutes. Oh well. Here are some more straight out of the sink. Nana Noma had them at her house, bought a few years ago at a yard sale. Obviously they were not part of my original set, as there are pink & purple pieces (huh??? in the lower left corner of the pic), and lots of mysterious other pieces I'll have to figure out as well. She also managed to find a huge box of marble track at a yard sale recently. Score. Okay, I could build a track to take up the whole play room at this point, but very fun!
Here are some of the things Avery & I made today. A rocketship house, a granny house (with her grandkids the astronauts), a truck, and with Avery's new bead set a bracelet for her and a collar for pretend Mo-Mo kitten. Avery really likes the people and animal aspect of her toys, whereas I'm into the building & making, so we make a good team.

1 comment:

Julie, Jeff, Jack, WIll and Jasper said...

Too funny. You sure play by the rules girl, even more type A than me : ).
Jeff and I pulled out the beads, real lego, and tinker toys awhile back already. Jack needs a little supervision but he isn't too bad. We do have to put them away when certain friends come over though! I figure those ages on toys are just legalities!