22 May 2007

Curly Q

It's hard to appreciate Jordan's curly locks, since her head is always resting on something -- and because she doesn't get a lot of baths. She's a beast to bathe! She's over 26 pounds, has no body control, and lifting her in and out of the tub is quite a task. In addition, she's very crabby these days (due to Keppra for myoclonic seizures, I think!), so she's always arching and screaming while she's in the tub, which makes it very easy for her to swallow big gulps of water. Anyway, trust me, it's a task to get the girl all scrubbed up clean . . . . can you say "soap dodger?!?!"

Devon bathed her tonight (phew) then snuggled with her for awhile, so I caught a couple of pictures of them -- fresh, clean curls and all.

And here's a picture of me and of Avery at the exact same age as Jordan (May 2005) hours before her first haircut (a trim of the bangs). Guess where Jordan's curls came from!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You should get Jordan a bath chair. I absolutely LOVE Zachary's. No more lifting in and out of the tub. His chair is above tub level and I use a shower sprayer. There's a journal entry on his site showing it. Bought it on ebay for $200.00.