16 May 2007

Quality Time With My Labeler*

What a great weekend I had. I spent both days cleaning & organizing, and didn't get disrupted every 5 minutes by Avery & Jordan -- they were busy keeping Devon busy. On Saturday they worked outside on the yard setting stones along the side of the house, weeding, and mowing. Meanwhile I cleaned out a HUGE tube of toys from the playroom and organized the rest, completely organized the mud room, scrubbed the fridge inside & out, then finished my "pictures"**. I went through 2 labeling cartridges, and loved it. Sunday was extra special, too, because I got homemade orange juice, cinnamon rolls, fresh flowers, and a 3-hour nap while Devon took the girls down to the farmer's market, right next to a favorite playground. We also had a visit from aunt Janet & uncle Charlie, and, oh yeah,

TWO TICKETS TO THE POLICE CONCERT IN SEATTLE NEXT MONTH!!!!!!

The picture project -- this is about half of them, half-way done. I'm now caught up through the end of April 2007, for the first time since before Jordan was born. Phew!!!
The rocks Devon, Avery, & Jordan (supervisor) laid on Saturday, to match the pathway beside it.
The first mowing of the new lawn. Despite success so far, Devon doesn't want to jinx it by claiming success at the sod laying in April. I think it's succeeded, and our water bill shows the effort (3X what it usually is in the month of May).
Avery found her shadow on Saturday afternoon & wanted to share it with everyone.Oops. She's learning to walk well in her flip flops finally, but still loves to be a little silly in them. At least they were on the right feet this time -- most of the time she insists on wearing her shoes on the wrong feet. Swinging at the park with daddy, after shopping at the Farmer's Market with Devon & Jordan. Jordan was the hit of the market snoozing in the wagon, but wasn't too popular with Devon because of the gigantic diaper blowout on the way there. Don't ask where he laid her down to clean it up (okay, it was the sidewalk). I was glad I was at home having my Mother's Day 3-hour nap! Gorgeous fresh flowers from the market, for nana Noma and me.

*paraphrased from Monica on an episode of Friends

**It's my personal little OCD issue -- I have to print, label & organize all my pictures, and I hardly have time for that

2 comments:

Astrid said...

Did you find that Friends Episode?

Julie, Jeff, Jack, WIll and Jasper said...

Sounds like you had a great day! Avery is really starting to look like you in that swing photo! I know a woman that labeled her baby's tupperware with "gold fish" etc. Are you that crazy yet? Or shouldn't I ask ??