16 May 2007

Don't Mess With The Tummy

I had a nice day mostly to myself on Sunday, but set myself up for a disaster on what most of you probably called Monday (I called it barfday). I accidentally gave Jordan too much Compleat with her formula on Sunday night, and she was out to get me. It was possibly the worst day of barfing she's ever had, and believe me, that's saying a lot! To top it off we had to drive the Saturn, and the car seat in that car is really brutal on her tummy (and sends things flying out both ends). Did I mention how badly she was barfing, and the unbelievable poop mess she made in and all over the car seat?!?!?

So, after putting on my third shirt at 9:30am we loaded up and headed to the dentist. Avery was very distraught about impending appointment, but they were wonderful and she had a great time (and made the No Cavity Picture Board). I, however, was much more worried about Jordan; her barfing, her oral aversion, her gag reflex, and the placement of her incoming teeth. But the dentist was fantastic with me & with her. He listened to me and my concerns & explanation of Jordan for about 15 minutes (while Avery was playing with the hygienist equipment & getting her teeth cleaned). Then he leaned her back in her Kid Kart, looked at & cleaned her teeth, and declared her a better patient than all of the 2-year-olds he's ever seen. And, he said that her incoming teeth are just fine -- we just have to help them come through as much as we can (and he gave us a couple more things for her to chew on, not like we don't have 50 different things already, orally "official" or not, that don't really work).
Much like insisting on wearing her shoes on the wrong feet and sunglasses upside down, Avery HAD to watch Lilo & Stitch on her tummy instead of her back while waiting for the dentist part of the check-up.
Keeping busy while Jordan was having her check-up.
The dentist was so fast & I was so focussed I didn't get a picture of him working away.
So, with a successful dentist appointment down, Avery went for a play date at Kate's while Devon & I took Jordan to her 6-month ophthamologist appointment. 30 more minutes in the Saturn (cough cough barf barf, but thankfully at least, by that time she was all pooped out). The doctor said that there is no optic nerve damage, no sign of metabolic or genetic diseases, that her cataracts aren't getting worse, and that she is slightly near-sighted with a left-eye astigmatism. However, since she (probably) has cortical vision impairment, she's not going to start her with glasses, eye exercises, or patching. We'll go back to see her in a year. Then it was 30 more minutes of cough cough barf barf in the car. . . .

But, with all the barfing all day long, Jordan saved her best trick for last. On the way out of Kate's driveway (from picking up Avery), Jordan projectile vomited out of her nose, ONLY!!! I've never seen nose-only barfing before. It looked painful.
So, since Monday night I've been extra careful & taken extra care not to mess up Jordan's Compleat/formula ratio. By Tuesday she was back to normal. Proof positive of the sensitivity of her tummy.

No comments: