03 May 2007

Do NOT Use Scissors In Hair

Jordan got her first haircut this afternoon. I took my time and learned from my Avery hair cutting mistakes (hacking away at a fidgety 1 1/2-year-old, randomly). I parted her hair, drew a bangs line, pinned the other hair back, and did my best. She didn't really like it & was fidgety herself. Oh well, hair grows, and it'll only look better with time.

When Avery got home she was appalled. I almost got a time out from her* for using scissors in Jordan's hair. That's a serious no-no, usually. So, we had to talk through that one, and I hope she gets the difference so we don't have any bald spots incidents, ever.

BeforeAfter
I love that Jordan's hair is finally starting to grow, but I have to admit I'm a little bummed. Jordan has cute little curls, but since she can't hold her head up, they get rubbed flat. Perhaps as her hair grows & thickens they'll get "stronger."

It was almost exactly this age when Avery got her first haircut (i.e. bangs trimmed). I remember because it was Mother's Day weekend and nana Noma, Avery, & I went to the zoo, and her hair was in her eyes all day. When we got home I snipped the front off and put it in a ziplock baggie, just like I did with Jordan's today. Although December birthdays are a bit hectic, it's nice that the girls' birthdays are so close because it's easy to compare milestones -- and the hand-me-down clothes fit the seasons just right.


*She gave Devon a time out the other day for melting a ring in the plastic cutting board. For some reason he thought it would work well as a lid to the frying pan. You'd think a guy with a physics degree and a love for cooking would understand about heat transfer and melting points, but I guess not. Avery was very upset and told him his time out was for 5 hours, but let him go after ~1 minute (she doesn't have a good grasp on time yet).

1 comment:

Julie, Jeff, Jack, WIll and Jasper said...

Not bad! I tried to trim Jack's tonight in the bath tub. Not so great. Just a little off the back and around the ears. He needs a real haircut!