03 August 2006

Desperately Seeking. . . Thumbs?


Today is Jordan's last day on ACTH (for now), and finally she is coming out of the zombie-dom she's been in for 3 weeks. Apparently she's making up for lost thumb-sucking time!! That's all she wants to do. Now, if I could just get her to suck on her own thumb, or even a binky (Avery has quite a collection of "ahhhs" I'd be thrilled to pass on), my thumbs would be spared their chronic prune-like condition, and I'd be able to type and eat with more than one hand! Oh well, I'm just thrilled to have her back, awake & alert & active.

Oddly, Jordan's side effects from the ACTH were opposite of what are expected. Some kids cry for 22 hours a day because they are so fussy, and others are in the hospital the entire time on heavy doses of hypertension medication. Jordan just snoozed through the treatment, with a couple of elevated bps, but mostly her bp was within a normal range. And she didn't puff up, either. So, I guess I can't complain, and I'm really hoping it worked & that we can stay on it & get rid of these seizures once and for all (no word yet on the EEG results). A zombie baby is better on my nerves than a fussy one.


http://home.comcast.net/~devon.rowe/

No comments: