03 December 2006

It's Beginning To Look Alot Like Christmas

It took all day, but we got our tree. It was gorgeous outside, so nice Avery even took off her coat. Too bright for good pictures, though. Oh well. When we got home we had a little issue with a broken tree stand -- it had a barely visible crack in the bottom, and flooded the floor. So that set us back a couple of hours while Devon went to Home Depot for that (& more varnish for the new play room door). Avery did her best to help decorate, but it just wasn't fast-paced enough to hold her attention for too long at a time. She had much more fun bowling with the bulbs (yeah, plastic) & "decorating" the house with all the stuff she wasn't supposed to get into. Devon will be permanently attached to the broom for the next few weeks -- he hates the pine needles everywhere. But to me the tradition of going to get a real tree, and the smell of the tree in the house for a month is definitely worth a few pine needles on the floor. He's a fairly good sport about it.
Avery was so into the Christmas spirit she was found to be wrapping her toys up as presents (for Kate, she said). But she didn't have any tape, so she didn't get very far. Oh well, after wrapping them a couple of times she was bored with that, too. By the end of the day Avery & I had to get out of the house. We were going to go play at the local inside play park, but it was so packed we settled on a trip to the carousel, again. Avery rode her favorite horse, "Ginger" (#47), again, and I got dizzy, again. Devon & Jordan stayed home for Hockey Night In Canada (yes, the miracle of modern technology at work).

When we got home I crashed for 3 hours. I was sooooooo sleepy, but so relieved to have the tree in. I know I shouldn't be so crazy about all these things, but it's just the way I get in December. Oh well.

Now, any good suggestions for buttering Avery up for pictures tomorrow? I'm sure that will involve a huge bribe. . . .

1 comment:

Julie, Jeff, Jack, WIll and Jasper said...

I am so jealous you have your tree up! I think we will put ours up when we get back from LA: (. Tell Avery that Julie & Jack are putting cookies in the mail tomorrow (yes the package didn't get out last week like I planned) and that she has to get a photo to get some!
xox