22 December 2006

I'm Losing My Marbles!

That's the new battle cry around here, since getting a Discovery Marbleworks from her cousins Nathan, Jamie, & Ally (& uncle Bryan & aunt Tina) for her birthday. Daddy's got it tricked out (my set up was just a little too boring for them), and in some cases marbles are projecting themselves all over the living room. She decided to play with this instead of reading books tonight before bed -- a special birthday treat -- but I was worried she wouldn't be able to settle down and fall asleep.

She wouldn't put on her pajama top tonight, insisting on wearing her "I am 3" shirt all day & all night. Thanks Kim, Wil, & Jamie! Some early morning (well, if 9:30 is early, I suppose) jumping in my new shirt.

I'm THIS many -- daddy, how do you do that with your fingers again?

Dr. Avery to the rescue. Hmmm, which is better, the cat clock or the bubble wrap? The bubble wrap, I guess. Hey, a rock thing! She got into calling them marbles about the time they started flying down the tracks. I'll just bathe in my presents tonight.

Little angels -- ornaments for our tree from our family in Norway.

I love birthday brownies, but do I have to blow out all those candles first? Jordan helped blow them out.

After these pictures can we finally eat the brownies?
See, I can hold her all by myself! Okay, not really, she's sitting on the high chair tray, with hands from 2 adults.

She also got a new medical set from nana Noma, and proceded to take all of our blood pressures (165 and-a-half for everyone), give us shots, and bandaids all over. Daddy & I gave her a Word Whammer (from the Leap Frog movie series), but once she saw the marbles she didn't even bother to get it out of the box. She did a little rough-housing with her new crazy kitty clock from aunt Jill & uncle Matt, so Devon or I will have to replace the battery tomorrow, if not the clock mechanism. . . . .

At Melba's today she got another birthday party (with chocolate cupcakes), and got to make up all the rules to the games today. She was on cloud 9 when I picked her up this afternoon. When we got home she opened her gifts, had dinner (bologne & cheese sandwiches, no bread), & then got a brownie birthday "cake" for dessert. No wonder marbles were flying & she couldn't sit still for books. Luckily she was tired & crashed right out - about an hour later than usual.

What more can I say -- she's three, and we managed to find all the marbles before bed. Phew!

No comments: