04 December 2006

"Too Much Potty Paper"

Well, Avery was right -- it was too much potty paper in nana Noma's toilet last night. All our efforts were fruitless until I removed the toilet and dug out the blob from the other end -- with some (now former) kitchen tongs. Then Devon had to stop by the plumbing store on the way over to bring a new seal, and he put it back together. Avery had to watch the whole process, and hopefully understands the problem with putting too much potty paper down the toilet. We told her that next time it's plugged she has to unplug it herself. Considering she won't even go potty if the toilet is "not clean" (said with a turned up nose, and believe us, she can hold it for a whole day to avoid a sub-standard bathroom), she wasn't too excited about having to take it apart and dig through it. Hopefully she has learned her lesson. And although we were skeptical that such blockage could be caused by toilet paper alone, we were glad to find out that she was telling the truth.

Nothing like a fun Monday night with the family around the toilet! Sorry, I didn't have the camera around, and I wouldn't have wanted to touch it if I had.

I guess "toilet" was a good theme for the day. Jordan had 2 doctor appointments that didn't go so well, so I pretty much sobbed for those 2 hours. And now I'm starting to panic about being packed in time for our trip, and having food for Jordan after the boob juice runs out on Wednesday (long story with the dietician, part of the general frustration of the day). I think I will sleep for a week while I'm there. Of course I say that now, but about 8 hours into laziness I find that I can't take it anymore & get busy again. Hopefully this busy will include reading some books that are due back to the library soon & watching some DVDs I've been waiting to see.

No comments: