29 December 2006

Best Friends

It's been a crazy month, but we had a nice evening last night with a visit from Kelly & Kate. Devon made a gorgeous & delicious meal (with leftovers), and Avery & Kate chased each other around & around & around & around the house for what seemed like hours. Off and on it was hours. They would run until they were panting, then run some more. I've heard that in some homes children aren't allowed to run (especially on hardwood & tiles), but I guess that isn't the rule in our house. Devon and I are known to join in for a couple rounds. I guess we let her do it because I figure it'll tire her out. It never seems to work that way. I can't WAIT for spring, so she (& Kate) can run laps around the OUTSIDE of the house!

Other activities were watching "Finding Nemo*" for 5 to 10 minutes (aka resting for another round of chase), box sitting, and wrestling with Kelly, which they both thought was hilareous! Who rough-houses with a mom like that?!



Wrestle-mania with Kelly.

We still fit! I wonder how long it'll be before we'll be too big to get in the box together?

Resting & watching "Nemo." Luckily those 10 minutes corresponded to our dinner, but then it was off to the races again.

Devon's dinner delight looked so pretty I had to take a picture.

*"Finding Nemo" is the first movie that Avery seems to get into the characters while it's on. She gets very stressed out & yells at Nemo (e.g. "don't do it, move, move, get away") when the stressful parts of the movie come on. I think it's almost too scary for her. She gets right up next to the TV and bends & jumps around to try to convince him to move, or do something different. I think we've entered a whole new era of movie watching.

No comments: