31 October 2006

The End Of October


Phew, finally we have survived the month of October. I knew it was going to be rough, and I'm glad it's finally over.

I'm very behind, and having a hard time catching up. Chaos rules. So, what else is new? That's life, eh? I have a huge list of things to get done, soon, like sorting out things with the insurance company, getting Jordan's new carseat installed, cleaning the new stroller, fixing her tumbleform seat, going to feeding clinic, physical therapy, and getting more lab work done. Okay okay, you get the picture. Jordan's life certainly keeps me busy!

I got home very early on Saturday morning, then slept a good part of the day (I stayed up all night at the hospital with Jordan, and at LAX getting home). But, I did get up in time to get unpacked before our friend Betsy arrived for a weekend visit. It has been 2 years since we have gotten together! Way too long. We did lots of catching up, went on a short hike above Latourell Falls (Avery walked all the way up & down all by herself!), and took in another scenic view at the Vista House. Betsy even took Avery shopping in northwest Portland while Devon, Jordan, & I went to feeding clinic on Monday. Obviously Betsy made a BIG impression on Avery; she sobbed for 15 minutes after the train started rolling away Monday afternoon. All the way home in the car: "But I miss Betsy, and she go-ed," "I want Betsy to come back, she's my friend." She was sooooo bummed, it was incredibly sad. So Betsy, please come see us again as soon as you can!

Today Jordan had her labs drawn & went to physical therapy. It all went well: blood on the first try (for nutrition background & supplementation), and she was working hard on lifting her head up for Katie today. She is a bit crabby, though, and seems only to be soothed by being held and also by having her gums rubbed by my finger (instead of sucking on my thumb). Seems possible that she's getting new teeth, but I haven't been able to see or feel any yet.

As for supplementing her diet, she's getting just the right amount of calories, but now, at this age, she needs more protein & other nutrients, as well as vitamins, and minerals. The idea is that with a boost in these things, perhaps her muscles will work better and she will get stronger. I sure hope so!

On the home front, the new rooms are progressing. Devon picked doors today, the rooms were spray textured, and next on the list is finding paint. Ahhhh, so many colors to choose from.

Halloween has now come and gone, almost unnoticed. This is weird for me, usually I LOVE halloween, especially carving pumpkins, but it just didn't happen this year. Avery decided she would be Elmo this year (a costume she wouldn't wear last year), and Jordan was a ladybug. However, it was too cold for Jordan to join Devon & Avery (and neighbors Sean, Sarah, & Melanie) for a quick trick-or-treat trip around the neighborhood. Avery won the "funniest costume" at her daycare Halloween Party, and was so honked up on candy, cupcakes, cookies, & lollipops by the time she got home, she was totally out of control. Thank goodness that only happens once a year!

Yes, I have some pics to post, but I'm behind on that and will work on getting them up soon. They're more fun than my ramblings any day. . . .

Happy November Everyone!

No comments: