06 October 2006

A Sleepless Night


Actually, it was supposed to be sleepless, for me anyway. I am supposed to watch her continuously for 24 hours while she's hooked up, so I can document any seizure activity. Knock on wood, she's not seizing anymore, so I marked a bunch of funny movements in the early evening and into the night (so they would have something to look at), then dozed off from ~3:00am to ~6:30am. In truth, this isn't a terrible night's sleep for me. I would have liked more, but I've certainly had worse. I will be a bit bleary-eyed today, I'm sure, and with a 7:30am flight tomorrow & a 3 hour time change, Jordan & I are on a strictly 'sleep when you can' schedule. It will be nice to be home tomorrow!


Jordan didn't have too much trouble sleeping, but did need to try out a few positions to settle in for the night.



In other news from 5 West: The menu for room service (yes, that’s what it’s called) in this hospital is awesome. I couldn’t wait to order, and had to think long and hard about what to choose. Unfortunately, the food tasted terrible!! I think the hummus was made from whipped school paste. On the other hand, the food at the Legacy hospitals in Portland is actually quite delicious, but virtually impossible to acquire. I guess that’s how it all balances out in the end.


Big, cute menus, crappy food.



Hummus paste? This was a texture I didn't even know existed in the world.

Grocery Stores Update: Ouch! They’re in full resistance, but I’m slowly winning the battle. I haven’t given in since the early hours of Saturday morning, and am not missing my sucking friend at all! Good riddance.

No comments: