02 October 2006

Getting Ready For Jordan's First Flight. . .

and her 50th doctor. . . . (okay, I am exaggerating, but it seems like we're on about #50)


Well, I'm not packed yet, but I have a list, and it seems pretty complete. It won't take long to toss it all in a bag. Our flight isn't until 1:20pm, so that's lots of time, right!?

Jordan is cleared to go. We went back to the pediatrician today to make sure she'd be okay to fly & to have oral sedation during the PET scan. Her cold really seems to be gone, finally. Still a few barfs here and there, still some snot in her sinuses, but as always (knock on wood), her lungs are clear. Then it was up to the hospital for blood pressure (good!) and labs, including a special DNA test for Prader-Willii Syndrome. It doesn't seem too likely, but the more tests she has, the more we'll know about her condition.

Nana Noma got back last night from her week in Palmer, Alaska. Avery & I picked her up at the airport (sans luggage a la Leslie -- and she really did pack frozen fish in her checked bags). Avery was so excited to see her she stayed the night at Nana Noma's house. They both got here in the morning in time to wish Grandpa Earl & Grandma Linda farewell in the RV. They went back home to Hope, BC, after 10 wonderful days with us. We're so lucky & so thankful to have so much support, help, and love from our families!!

Well, Jordan is snoring, so I think I'll take her lead and head off to bed soon. Or I'll just plan to sleep on the plane (much more likely than me going to bed very soon). It's going to be a wacky week in Detroit. I'll try to update the blog if the option exists.

1 comment:

Julie, Jeff, Jack, WIll and Jasper said...

Best of luck in Detroit Leslie!! We wish you lots of snoozing on the plane!