11 October 2006

NIH

I received a call from the lead doctor at the National Institutes of Health in Bethesda this morning. She said that her team of doctors have reviewed Jordan's medical files, and are not able to help us with a diagnosis. Everything that they would do has been done already.

Her recommendation was to follow up with neurogeneticists, and gave us the name of a doctor in Washington D.C. that we could contact if we want. I told her about our appointments with neurogenetics at OHSU, and our upcoming admit at UCLA. She agreed that UCLA was a great place to go because they will be able to give us comprehensive care in neurology & genetics.

I do have a couple other doctors, recently suggested, that I will follow up with, too. Maybe someday. . . .

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Leslie -

My son Aidan also has IS and we're getting ready to start ACTH at the end of the month (currently we're dealing with removing a kidney stone), but I was wondering who the doctor was that NIH reccommended? Aidan receives care through DC Children's Hospital and alot of his doctors work out of NIH too. Also, sorry to hear about to trip to Detroit not turning out better.