20 October 2006

Classic Duh!

Boy was some computer advice guy about to have a good laugh on me for the weekend! You know how laptop cords come in two pieces? Why? Anyone? Anyway, I've had a couple of incidents with that darn cord in the last couple of weeks.

First, I ended up in Detroit with only half of it, so Devon had to FedEx it so I could use my computer during our 4 day visit at the hospital. I would have gone crazy without it!

Then today, mid-afternoon, my computer went ka-put! It was on the coffee table, plugged in, then just died. I unplugged it and tried the battery, then I plugged it in again, nothing. I flew down stairs to Devon's office in a panic. He suggested calling customer support. I had been on hold for a little over 13 minutes when Devon came up & discovered the problem: The cord was unplugged in the middle. Voila! It worked, and I was spared the embarrassment, and some computer technician was spared another "dumb customer" story.

Now, can ayone tell me way those cords come in 2 pieces?

No comments: