20 October 2006

October Alan

Really, I don't know what it is, but we just can't seem to get away from Alan in October. In 2003 it was a major kitchen/living room/great room remodel, starting on 29 October. In 2005 it was the bathroom (starting on 25 October). And now, in 2006, it's the garage being transformed into a play room (that will eventually be a dining room, once the toys are gone. And Alan has been with us through them all.

They started demo and framing today, and I can't wait. AND, this one, compared to the other 2 remodels, will be relatively unobtrusive & straightforward. The electrical is already there, and there is no plumbing to move. Hopefully we'll be done within two weeks, that's the plan anyway. And, they'll get alot of it done while we're in LA next week.

The pics will have to wait for tomorrow. We have a PRIDE meeting for Jordan's IEFP (I can't remember what it stands for, but it's a plan for her care) in the morning. Conan is almost over and I should have been asleep long ago. I better get some shut eye while the sleepin's good.

I ended up having to buy a $30 memory card for my phone, so I can transfer pics. I haven't seen any of the 47 I took yesterday while fooling around with it, but now that I have a card I'll figure it out. If you e-mail them to your personal e-mail, or to a webpage set up to transfer them it's
is &0.25 per picture anyway, so I'd already be 1/3 of the way there already (first day!).

Funny Avery: She convinced me to play "snuggle" this morning, until I really was asleep in her bed (and Jordan in her bucket right beside me & the bed, also sleeping). Then Avery slipped downstairs to bug Devon on a conference call, and I was BUSTED. Seriously, I canNOT be held responsible for staying awake before noon, especially when tempted with a snuggly blue blanket, Avery, and even her Ahhhhh.

Also, Avery decided to take up dishwashing as a hobby tonight. Did you hear me yell Woo-hoo!!! Alright!!! Of ourse all of the dishes were already in the dishwasher, so she got some out of the drying rack to wash. They're doubly clean now, I suppose.

Pictures to come.

1 comment:

Tolli said...

Hi Leslie, I found your site while browsing one of Lu's posts. You and Devon have some beautiful little girls - you've taken some great photos. I'm so sorry to read about the medical problems that Jordan is having. I hope they can find a fix for her condition and that she gets better soon. I'll be praying for her health. I've spent the last hour or so reading about your remodel projects (nice work), and photos of your mom and sister at her wedding - they look great.

http://strikingsail.blogspot.com/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/lowell-forker/

Take care,
Tolli