07 November 2007

'Twas The Pumpkin Season

Okay, so these are a bit late, but hey, better late than never, right?

I LOVE pumpkin time, so we did carving & decorating a few different times.

With neighbors Sean & Sarah, first they each did a Mr. Potato Head Pumpkin, then they painted a whole bunch more. Sean (age 6) was the only one that did a face while painting. Sarah (age 3) and Avery (age 3-3/4) were less traditional. They also did some jumping outside between pumpkins, and made their own pizzas for dinner.

Avery found her "star of the week" hat from school (about a month prior), and INSISTED on wearing it all afternoon & evening

Rub-a-dub-dub, thanks for the grub! The next afternoon nana Noma came over with some pumpkins, too. She & Avery made a clown Mr. Potato-Head Pumpkin, then carved a couple, tooFinally, the following weekend it was time for me to do my pumpkins. Avery wanted to check out Sean & Sarah's pumpkins in their yard before we started so she would know how to make the scariest oneAvery drew the scary face, then I did the carvingI didn't get mine done until after everyone went to bed that night, but I was pretty happy with them. Avery's scary face is on the left, then my bat, castle, and witch's brew. I had one more to do, but I never got around to it. . . .

No comments: