10 November 2007

Leaves & Light

For Devon's birthday on Wednesday I gave him a little gadget I knew he would love: A wireless weather forecaster. It receives radio waves for 5 regional cities, and shows a 5 day weather forecast for each (ours are Portland, Seattle, Boise, Salt Lake City, and Denver -- for a fee you can set it to your ZIP code). We're saved from having to listen to the local weatherman drone on and on each evening, and we look at it every time we walk past the fridge, making plans for the coming days.

The forecaster showed a rain cloud all day, but it was gloriously bright & sunny from start to finish. Hmmmmm. I'll take it! I spent the afternoon with Avery, Sean, & Sarah out in the yard, raking leaves & practicing with my new camera. At the end of the day the kiddos were filthy, so Sarah joined Avery for a "super bubble bath" in the jetted tub, while Sean kept working outside, helping his dad in their yard. The girls were very proud of how clean their feet got.

Devon spent the day under the sink fixing the kitchen faucet (after a trip to the dump with the demolition debris from downstairs). The faucet repair took a few hours last night, and most of the day today -- but by golly, he fixed it! Yippee!Here's a random Devon picture, inside the biggest elevator I've ever seen in my life: IKEA! We went there for Devon's "birthday night out" last night, after I convinced him we should go out to dinner first (yum, Pastini, an all time favorite).

No comments: