29 July 2007

Three Full Copies

Various agencies have asked for Jordan's medical files, so I got a full copy from her pediatrician 2 weeks ago and headed down to Staples for 6-cent copies. Each one cost $23. That's 384 pages, or 20 pages per month, or 0.67 pages per day of her life so far, which seems like a lot for one little girl.

Categories include Medicines & Shot Records, Correspondence (i.e. letters from ALL the other doctors she's seen discussing their findings, and hospital ER & admission records), Lab Results, Xrays, and Appointments (with the pediatrician, which itself was about 3/4-inch thick).

2 comments:

Kelly said...

Oh my! That's truly an incredible sight to see!

I hope you don't have to do that when she's 5! Yikes!

Do you have to deal with medical students/residents at the hospital you bring her to? If so, let me know, and I'll send you a copy of the sheet I bring with me to get out of constantly repeating her entire medical history. It's kind of a 1-page version of that binder.

liz.mccarthy said...

Wow, that's a lot of medical records...I've never asked for the rcords for my daughter, but after a 4 month NICU stay, I"m sure our binder would be as big. Sad to think that our little babies at so early in their lives have a much larger medical history that we as adults to.

(I found your blog form the Blenderized diet group)