21 July 2007

Quiet Time

It certainly is an eerie feeling to have things so quiet in the house. It took me most of the day to get used to the silence. I got up to put the dishes away out of the dishwasher, and was being extra careful not to clank them, since it's only this quiet when everyone else is sleeping -- and I never want to wake sleeping!

But now I'm starting to get used to it. Devon got up early this morning and took the girls to grandma Linda & grandpa Earl's house for a visit. I really didn't want to stay home by myself and miss the visit, but my overactive brain decided I must. It's really been a little crazy here the last couple of weeks -- nothing earth shattering, just the stuff of life, an I was getting behind on my "stuff." So I drew up a large list, and started early this morning plowing through things. Then I took a nap! Then I got going again. I hope by the time they get back on Monday evening my brain will be tidied up, as well as the house and a few other projects that need to be dealt with.

It's rare to get an hour or two to myself, so a whole weekend is quite a shock to the system. I feel quite strange, and I'm missing them terribly, but I am enjoying the time to myself as well. It's really unbelievable how time can fly by without me noticing it when I don't have to set my day to a feeding & medicine schedule. But I'm sure when we're back in the swing of it on Tuesday I will have fond memories of my own personal quiet time this weekend.

No comments: