01 March 2007

Taking A Stand

Jordan got her stander yesterday, and I think we all like it. The PT told us that most kids have to build up time in it, getting fussy after 5, 10, 15 minutes. Jordan was in it for 40 minutes two times yesterday, and about 40 minutes again today (she was a little too barfy to be upright too much today). The stander looks big, but it really isn't that bad, and it rolls very smoothly. She was even able to join us at the table for some Avery games and Play Doh. It's great for her to feel her weight through her spine & legs, will help build strength in her bones, and is great exercise for her neck muscles, too. The more upright it is, the harder she has to work, so we can control her effort level also. She even gets to wear little sneakers while she's in it, for extra ankle support.

Friday: the local pediatric neurologist

Monday: the KidKart

Never a dull moment.

Do I have to wake up for this? Uh, Julie, seriously, what kinda crazy thing is this? Where do you get these ideas? Why do you make me work so hard?
Hey, it's really hard to arch the the right in this thing. I think it might be straightening out my spine. She's just my size, now.
First, we'll play stickers & Bob the Builder.
Okay, now play us a song on your piano, Jordan.
Now we'll play Play Doh at the big kids' table.
Okay, I'm done for now, and yes, I can sleep in this if I want to.

2 comments:

Julie, Jeff, Jack, WIll and Jasper said...

WOW! That looks really awesome! I hope it helps with Jordan's neck control. Is there a window in the playroom now? I don't think I have seen a photo.. or maybe it happened a long time ago!

Astrid said...

Jordan seems so tall! That stander looks pretty cool!