09 March 2007

A Busy Day, Again


[note, this is actually from our day on Wednesday, 7 March 2007, but I'm just getting the pics attached to post it]


Finally I managed to get Jordan to her baby group class at PRIDE today (her early intervention program). We've missed 6 or 7 in a row due to the series of illnesses & hospital stays. It was so nice to get out & go play in such a fun room, with everyone swarming over her to take turns with her therapy. It's nice for me to sit back & just watch while they take care of her. She was smiling like crazy for everyone. God we love those smiles, they mean so much!

After I got home it was a perfect day to just sit back and play. Avery wanted to play grocery shopping, which all started last week with putting the link-a-dos in a "shopping bag," then putting them in the fridge for 3 days last week, pretending they were her groceries (rainbow worm basgetti to be specific). So, finally, it was time to pull the cash register out of the closet, and we played grocery store for along time this afternoon. It's only annoying that she can, but won't, separate the change into the proper slots in the till drawer. We followed up with lots of coloring, reading together, and a new Froggie movie, Leap Frog Storybook Factory. It's a bit beyond her, but she still loved it and asked to watch it 3 times in a row. Unfortunately we haven't been able to find the Talking Words Factory DVD for a couple of months -- but I think I'm going to have to go buy a new one soon, it's just right for her at this age. As you might guess from the title, it was about learning to read sentences, and when it was done the first time, she somewhat sadly announced that she wished she was 5, so she could read and use the 'puter. But, to be fair, she's starting to sound out very simple words already, so I bet she'll be there before 5.

On the Jordan front, we're back to the "Barfing Factory," which is just no fun! We switched from Zantac to Prevacid, and I don't know how long I'm going to be able to test the Prevacid before we go back t Zantac. She barfed all over her new wheels this afternoon -- bummer. Nana Noma went on a mission yesterday to find a child size, plastic, barber cape so I can snap it around her neck & catch all the barf before it lands in the car seat or the wheel chair. I can't believe we didn't think of that 13 months ago!

Now that we have the wheelchair, we're going to take it and her ginormous car seat to a couple dealerships this weekend & see if we can find a mini van to make life easier. Of course this, too, was not in the plan, and I'm going to hate to give up the Pilot, but I think I will appreciate the room in a mini-van. We'll just have to see how things sort out.

And, to finish off the night, nothing like a little campfire & marshmallow roast in the back yard, eh? Gotta get it in while you can, but tomorrow it's supposed to be raining.


Yummy -- Avery was in charge of the marshmallows -- there was no getting them away from her.
It wasn't hard to get Jordan out to join us. She seemed fascinated with the stars, but then again, she frequenly tilts her head back to that position.
Snoozin by the campfire.
Fun with the flash
My favorite feet (for now, but aren't they precious! OK, I suppose I could be prejudiced)
I got two new pieces in the mail to add to the track (spiral track & "ski jump" piece, and the Marble Crank is on the way, soon I hope). Bummer really, Avery just wants to crash it down, build really long "sticks" & fill them with marbles that are too big.
I don't remember exactly what day this was, but I bet she couldn't either.
Crash, lights out! (first time this has ever happened, sleeping during a meal).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good luck minivan shopping! We have an odyssey and LOVE it! It works great for using a tilted car seat too. Plus much room for a kidkart. Enjoy!!

Julie, Jeff, Jack, WIll and Jasper said...

Who is the odyssey by? We are a toyota family now (- the Sienna)..but if it is a Honda I'd just get the one that comes in a nice color : )