10 March 2007

Out Of The Mouth Of My Babe

Boy, oh boy, is it interesting to hear language develop. Some of my favorite new Avery-isms these days are:
  • "No Fair!!!!"
  • ". . . . is totally, totally, to-tall-y awesome!"
  • ". . . . in the whole wide world"
  • "You totally ruined my life" (e.g. when she gets a bologna & cheese sandwich for lunch, instead of PB&J)
  • This is the girls side, and this is the boys side" (anything that has two can now be divided into girls & boys, but we all seem to be able to use them equally)
  • Okay Mr. Bossy/Ms. Bossy (from Finding Nemo)
  • "I just made it up myself" (when she says something she clearly didn't make up herself and we ask her who taught her that)
  • "That means in Spanish" (still a big answer to the age old "what does that mean" when she's mumbling jibberish)
  • "Bang bang choo-choo train, let me see you shake that thang" (and yep, she's shaking her booty, it's part of a theme that continues, see following 2 entries)
  • "I like to move-it move-it" (from Madagascar)
  • "Come on, shake yer booty"
  • "I still have that bad ol' cough, see [caaa, caaa]" (so she can get out of doing something she doesn't want to do -- she does NOT still have it -- faker)
  • "My baby. . . " (that's Jordan, and that's what she calls her these days, how sweet)
  • ". . . All the way to the moon! [and back], NO! Just one way!" (after "I love you" "I'm hungry" "I miss you" whatever she's enthusiastic about)
  • "Because I'm Fwee" (that's 3, and she uses it sometimes when she wants to be a big girl, sometimes when she wants to be a little girl, it's pretty flexible for her)
I seriously gotta take some small videos of that stuff some time -- it's hilareous!! Thanks daycare (2 days a week is enough for all these snappy phrases, and all the illnesses under the sun, too).

No comments: