29 March 2007

Tragically Hip-sters

For US$28 you can spend the evening ~20 feet away with Gordon Downie & his gang The Tragically Hip at the Roseland Theater in Portland. That's what we did. Yep, still hip after all these years! That's one great thing about the US -- in Canada you'd pay hundreds to be that close to the band. My ears are still buzzing, and I'll have to wait until tomorrow to check out the camera-phone pictures & video (I've never used the camcorder on it before, so I don't even know if it'll have sound). We haven't seen them since 1999 in Los Angeles, at the Wiltern, another classic old theater. Frankly, it's way better this way, GM Place is outrageously too huge!

For those of you familiar with the Hip, there's not much else to say. If you're not familiar -- hey, get Hip with it!

1 comment:

T said...

Hey guys - way to be hip! I have created a blog so if you want to see what we're up to, chek out http://www.simpsonsinajax.blogspot.com/. xoxoxoxo