11 February 2007

Hold Onto Your Hips

Boy, I don't know what hit me, but its like I just can't get enough cleaning, sorting, and organizing done these past couple of days. A new "tower" for all of Jordan's medical supplies, the drawers & closets in the girls room, the hall linen/medicine closet, the list goes on and on. And every time I go into a new room or open a different cupboard, I want to stop & clean that one, too. I guess I'm just dying for spring to get here, so I'm getting a head start on the spring cleaning.

So, tonight while I was wiping down the washing machine, and thinking that I hadn't done that in ages, I eventually realized that today (11 Feb 2007) is four years to the day since we got the keys to this ever-changing house.

It's certainly been a busy four years. Whenever we're doing a remodelling project (which, lets face it, is most of the time) I have this image of the former owner stopping by to see the house & not recognizing it (doors, windows, & walls moved all around, no carpet, no garage, lots of colorful paint, etc, etc, etc). And that's just the house.

Of course many other things have happened in those four years, too. Avery & Jordan mainly, but many many other things as well. Where does the time go?

A friend of mine from my forest service days once told me about her grandmother's theory of time: The older you are, the faster it goes. One year during childhood takes forever, but by the time you're 80, a year goes by so quickly it can make you dizzy, fall down, and break a hip!

With 35 fast approaching, and life zooming by, I'm definitely going to have to start holding on a little better to save my boness. Like I said, where does the time go!

No comments: