08 June 2007

Slumber Party

Avery marked another first as a big girl on Monday night -- a slumber party at Kate's. I was worried that she'd want to come home in the middle of the night, or make a fuss about snuggling with me at bed time [she's been a bit of a mama's girl at bedtime lately :-) ], but it sounds like she & Kate were too excited to worry about those things. I gave Kelly the rundown on the bed time routine, and she told me that it worked -- Avery even "shushed" Kate during book reading (like we have to do to her to get her settled down).

The real triumph here seems to be making peace with puppy Piper. Avery is terrified of her jumpy enthusiasm, but luckily doesn't seem to mind her when she's calm. And of course, being a puppy, Piper is thoroughly jumpy & enthusiastic whenever there are visitors around. I wasn't sure if I could leave Avery there, and it took about an hour to settle her & Piper down, but the report is that Piper & Avery had bonded and were snuggling together on the bed by morning. Hmmmm, maybe we should get a snuggle-dog, too. . . . (but that's a whole other blog!).

No comments: