18 February 2008

Three Dozen Years

Yep! That's me -- 36 now. Yikes. Where does the time go?

I had a great day today -- slept in until 11:00 a.m., it was warm and sunny all day, I went hiking with Avery, Jordan, & Devon in the Columbia Gorge, opened presents at nana Noma's, and enjoyed an extremely indulgent dinner at TGI Fridays. Of course I took lots of pictures. . . .

When I find all that time that keeps slipping away I'll get the pictures from California, and the ones from Valentines Day posted, too

Jordan was loaded up and ready to go -- she loves the fresh air and adventures with Devon in the backpack
In the parking lot just about to leave on the hike. Avery is obsessed with Devon's hair, well, actually, only the ones that stick up like Alfalfas!
Heading out for the trail -- actually, this is forshadowing
Getting steeperUh, Oh -- shoe malfunction! Devon carried Avery up a little bit farther, then all the way down. Good thing it was just a short hike!
A real photographer was on the trail and offered to take our picture all together! Even Jordan liked the scenery
Avery needed a rest & was thrilled to see that there was a chair just for her in the rocks (weathered basalt columns)Almost back to the car -- Avery insisted they beat me, so when I "jogged" to catch up, she made Devon run to stay ahead. I guess this was his workout for the dayTotally zonked out -- it didn't take long! Devon, Jordan, me, Kate, Avery & the cupcakes that Avery made, frosted, and decorated "all by herself" (except for the measuring that nana Noma did)Okay, I admit it, this is where some of the time has been going recently -- I made most of this sweater while on vacation in Orange County

2 comments:

Julie, Jeff, Jack, WIll and Jasper said...

Happy Birthday! I think you are officially old when you pass 35 : ), Jeff just had his 37th! Glad you had a great day! And don't get depressed, according to my Nana, women stop aging at 39 (she is still 39, or is it 85?).

Anonymous said...

i love that sweater,,,,it is so you.,,,well avery,