25 February 2008

Four Eyes

I need glasses, and frankly, I need them soon. My eyes are pooped, from morning to night. So off I went with Avery today to find a suitable pair. She didn't want to go with me, so I told her I needed a helper. Someone to tell me which look good, and which look ugly. Apparently, "ugly" is not a word Avery is allowed to use at school, so she gasped and said we couldn't say that. Okay, then, I told her I needed someone to tell me which glasses didn't look good on me. Again, that was too 'mean', so finally we settled on "mom, I don't prefer those glasses for you." Seriously -- she's only 4, and I'm already at wits end sometimes. And believe me, she did tell me when she didn't prefer a pair I tried on. Unfortunately, Willy Wonka is her idea of high fashion, so what she likes & doesn't like has very little umph!

Avery in Willy Wonka glasses
After a couple of shops we had to call Devon & Jordan to come help us. After trying on every pair of kids glasses herself, she decided Jordan needed to try them all on, too. I'm sure the shop lady was thrilled to have Avery playing with the display frames for hours on end. In the end I didn't decide on anything. There's one more shop I want to go to, but it is closed on Mondays, so I'm heading out there tomorrow morning. Seriously, I have no idea how to choose a pair of glasses I'll have to wear each and every day for 2 years. Too much pressure!

Jordan in a pair of "Hannah Montana's"
Hmmmm, do these make me look smart?
Hey, is that Harry Potter?

No comments: