24 February 2008

Shamu/FreeWilly -- Day 6

(more from our recent vacation to southern California)

Okay, what's the deal? Avery calls all orcas "Free Willy" or "boy" -- just like Jesse in the movie, but does SeaWorld have to call all their orcas "Shamu?" I thought I was so special to get to see "the Shamu" at SeaWorld in Orlando when I was a kid -- I didn't know it was all a naming scam! Regardless of what they're called, they're pretty amazing.

Devon & Avery sat close & in the splash zone, but somehow they didn't get but a couple of drops of water on them, while the people next to them were soaked! Kim, Wil, Jamie, Jordan & I sat up higher, they didn't want to get wet & Jordan needed the wheelchair access -- besides, she decided to barf through the whole show so I was sucko-ing with one hand, snapping photos with the other. Now that's multi-tasking!
Time for the show
Time to splash!

No comments: