28 February 2008

Oh Mr. Sun, Thanks For The Sunshine

I guess eastern North America is having a brutal, never-ending winter, but we here in the west are loving the weather! I mean, it's as good as spring. We've been getting as much fresh air as we can & loving the sun.

Avery had an awesome afternoon with Kate on Tuesday as Kate prepped for her 4th birthday on Wednesday. They had manicures, pedicures, a great time in the park, a ride on the carousel, and ice cream cones before heading back to Kate's house for the rest of the afternoon. I met them at the park for a couple of hours (between optometry shops), and got a good laugh at them trying to play in their sparkle-pink Hello Kitty pedicure sandals. They come in kids sizes, but they are definitely not meant for kids to walk in.The last couple of afternoons Avery has gone to play at nana Noma's. Nana has started digging in her garden already (it is only February) and Avery found her first worm today -- and she loves digging & finding worms! But I'm predicting some problems with nana's garden this year, based on the little friends that are already living in her yard. . . .

Possums!
Nana Noma also has a great neighborhood full of kids, so Avery & her friends Reyna, Noah, Troy, Makayla, Maddie, Katelyn, and others spend hours each day scootering, and biking, and drawing with chalk in the cul-de-sac.
Not like any of us need an excuse to have ice cream, but with weather like this, it's hard to resist. Devon & Avery got messy chocolate cones tonight at "Robbins Basket," and Avery was thrilled to share it with Jordan. She kept rubbing ice cream on Jordan's tongue and saying "look, she's learning how to chew and swallow." I'm not too sure Jordan was so excited about the ice cream, but she's a trooper with food in her mouth these days.
Last week I finished another sweater for Avery -- I love it. In fact, I've decided that I really do just love making kids sweaters -- they are quick & easy.
It's practically summer! I hope it stays this way, but I'm sure it won't. We'll just have to enjoy every minute while we can.

No comments: