20 January 2008

Walking With Dinosaurs

Avery is dino-crazy, so we couldn't miss this event in Portland. I'm glad we went, even though we were both under the weather. The dinos were amazing, and the information was pleasantly accurate. They talked about fossils, even trace fossils (like footprints), and went through what the earth & the dinos were like during the Mesozoic (Triassic, Jurassic, Cretaceous). The dinos were HUGE! I tried to put some pics in here that show the "paleontologist" (narrator). Avery's favorites are the brontosaurus and the T-Rex, but she was glad to sit on my lap when the scary ones came out. The photography was pretty difficult, especially with a point & shoot camera.

Promotional Video

Private Video
(taken in a different stadium, but at the same place Avery & I sat, and you can see how big they are in comparison to the paleontologist)

If you're really interested, check out how they made the dinos

And here's Pleo, the pet dino -- I gotta get one of those!

1 comment:

Julie, Jeff, Jack, WIll and Jasper said...

Hope you guys are getting over your colds! Jordan's diet doesn't look that appetizing, but I guess if it goes straight to the stomach it doesn't need to taste good! I could use a 525 calorie day for awhile after the holidays : )