05 January 2008

Sea Monsters & Liquid Nitrogen

We all packed up and headed for IMAX at OMSI today for Sea Monsters. Avery thought it was wonderful, but was a little disappointed they weren't "real dinosaurs." That kiddo is dino-obsessed these days. She did think it was scary enough, because, in case you haven't heard, "daddy & I like scary things" she tells everyone. It all started 2 years ago right after Jordan was born, and Avery & Devon would hang out in the mornings watching Scooby Doo cartoons. I thought they were a little too scary for a just-turned-2-year-old, but they didn't.

Jordan watched the movie, too. She sat right up there in my lap with giant sea monsters swimming all around us. I had to close my eyes a couple of times because of the "motion sickness" -- but Jordan didn't know to do that, so she just barfed. Twice. We had the sucko with us, and boy did that get some looks from the people around us. I bet they were wondering who brought the vacuum, and why are they sticking it in that girls mouth. . . . That's what I would have been thinking 2 years ago or before.

After the movie we attended the Liquid Nitrogen Ice Cream Social in the science center. Pretty cool science stuff, and we got there just in time to get the dairy ice cream, instead of soy. Phew! Then we played in some of the other science areas, and even found a robot dinosaur (Pleo) that is amazing. I want one. It learns, it plays, it's movements are incredibly life-like. I'm going to have to put that on my Christmas list for next year, I suppose. Well, that, and a full-sheet laminating machine, and one of those massaging chairs from Brookstone. But I digress. . . .

When we got home it was about 2-3 weeks late for Avery's bangs to be trimmed. Talk about a team effort. She got ice cream in the end for being such a good girl for 20 minutes, while Devon and I took turns with the scissors. Not to worry, Devon's grandfather & my great uncle were barbers, so we're well qualified, right?! How do those professionals make it look so easy?

No comments: