30 September 2007

Speechless

Yes, we're still here and plugging along. Things have been pretty intense & busy lately, and even if I had time to blog, I'm not exactly sure what I would say at the end of each day.

It has been glorious having a nurse for Jordan these past few weeks. It's given me a chance to catch up on a few things of my own, but, most importantly, spend some special time with Avery to do things like go to OMSI, a play date with Bonnie, and even take her along on errands in the afternoons. Since we don't have Jordan's Medicaid & Medically Intensive Program stuff in place yet (it can take months), we might run out of this benefit soon. We're trying to take advantage of all the nursing help we can get.

Devon was gone to his office in California for most of last week, so I was extra busy with the girls. In addition, I've been very focused on my father. He's very ill, and we're all trying to figure out the best ways to help him and the family. As you can see on his website (link on the left, too), I've been busy building the website, planning a benefit dinner & 60th birthday party, and getting the "Avery & Friends Children's Cookbook" ready for publication.

I seem to recall having a long & exhausting October last year, and this year it's building up the same. So bear with me, I haven't given up on the blog, I just might not have the time or the right words over the next month or so.

No comments: