11 September 2007

Doin' A Happy Dance

What more can I say: We were notified today that Jordan has qualified for a Medicaid Waiver in the state of Washington. This is HUGE. I was almost in tears as the case manager told me the news.

The next step is to apply for the Medically Intensive Program, which will help us with more permanent nursing care for Jordan. And let me tell you, I'll take every single minute of nursing care I can get. Tomorrow Avery, Jordan, the nurse, & I are going to a park, and I can't wait! It is almost impossible for me to take the girls to the park by myself -- I can't play with Avery & care for Jordan at the same time, so both girls are left wanting & needing more.

We're breathing a huge sigh of relief and dancing all around.

2 comments:

Kelly said...

Yup.

Parks are generally a "no go" around our house as well.

Thank God for in-home nursing!

Astrid said...

That is AWESOME news! You won't know what to do with yourself and all your spare time!