06 September 2007

A New Record

I hope this record stands. 18 days at the "Hotel Emanuel." But now it's over, and we're all home & getting back into the groove. And by groove I mean getting used to 24-hour-a-day nursing care & lots of snot & baths. And I can't find the nurse call button anywhere in this house! That said, as much as I appreciate the work that the nurses do to take care of Jordan in the hospital, they never seem to do it just right. Luckily I learned a lot about letting go over the last 18 days, and now I think I can handle "good enough" instead of "just perfect" (which, of course, is my way) for at least part of the day.
Avery & Jordan having a snuggle at home, finally, although Avery thinks it was much more fun to crawl into Jordan's crib at the hospital. 24 August 2007
Good thing I've learned such a valuable lesson of letting go, at least a little bit, finally. It's not a moment too soon, either, since we're going to have an actual nurse in our home tomorrow for our first ever in-home nursing care session. Hopefully it will be the first of many, but for now it we're just thrilled to get some help. We had our "opening" session today with the nursing agency, and met the nurse who will be coming tomorrow to care for Jordan for the afternoon & into the evening. In preparation I finally got a white board to outline Jordan's food, supplements, & medicine schedule. It's a little sloppy, but it's not easy cutting electrical tape with a box-cutter to make the lines & columns. I'm sure there's a better tape out there, at a scrapbook shop or something, but in a pinch this will have to do.

1 day's worth of food, supplements, and medicine for Jordan.
Here's to not breaking our new hospital record any time soon!

2 comments:

Kelly said...

Man, Leslie....

That chart really brings it home...

Anonymous said...

Heh Heh Heh.... I thought I was OCD, Leslie! I would totally do this bui in Excel so I could A) use colored paper and B) BOLD
Loving the SIZE facotr 8x11 is so small.... LOL PACKAGE should be there for Avery and Jordan late next week. Enjoy! Lookfor Mom treats too.....