08 September 2007

In-Home Nursing ROCKS!

OMG -- I LOVE this nursing thing. Jordan's in such good hands, and I don't have to drop everything and run to the sucko every 1 minute. 8-hours is like heaven! We've had 2 days, and 2 different nurses (both wonderful), although the one that was here today will be back for 7 more days, so that will be GREAT!!! It takes most of the day to "train" them -- there's a lot to do, but once I show them the system & the stuff they're fine with it.

I feel like a new person after just 2 days of "freedom." We're only authorized for 2 weeks at this point, so I'm crossing my fingers that the additional insurance and Medicaid stuff comes through & we can keep this ball rolling. It's sooooooooo amazingly wonderful to have some "official" help with her right here in the house, I can't even explain it!

After MUCH thought, we picked a 1:00pm to 9:00pm shift, and the timing so far has been great. It might seem like an odd time, but the time is so precious to me I didn't want to waste it while she was sleeping half of the time. This way I really get to use the time -- I might even take a nap some day. But for now I'm just too excited to sleep.

1 comment:

Julie, Jeff, Jack, WIll and Jasper said...

Way to go Leslie! Crossing all digits for you!