07 January 2007

Yeah January

I can't get over how long the days are now that the "birtholiday" month is over. Phew. It seems like the days go on forever, and the things on my list that have been building up for 2 months are being crossed off faster than new things are being added. It feels great. Last night I made it into bed by 11:31pm! I'm sure this is a record for the last year (except for a few nights I was sick). Jordan didn't wake up until 7:00am, and then I got to take a nap from 9:00 to 11:00. I feel like a new person!

We had a nice relaxing weekend at home. Devon & Avery went to the pool with the big yellow slide (Firstenburg Community Center). She won't go down the slide with me, because I can't keep her out of the water at the end (but he can, and so can our friend Julie who visited in November). Devon thought it was pretty funny, though, that as she slides down, she puts her fingers in her ears, instead of plugging her nose. Yep, definitely takes after her mother (and my phobia of things in my ears, including water).

Today we spent the afternoon at nana Noma's. Nana tried hard to get some snuggle time with Jordan, but noted that she just doesn't get much when Avery is around. Uh huh! She usually gets to have them one at a time, but she can handle them both, too. We had a great dinner, and Avery helped nana Noma make raspberry tarts for Devon (as a thank you for fixing curtain rods & hanging curtains for her).

This evening we had a play date with Kate. She's been under-the-weather for awhile now, so we were needing a Kate fix. Wow, Kate got a scooter for Christmas, too, and she's crazy on that thing! She's going to have to give Avery lessons.

Okay, now I'm all pepped up and ready to get back to my random, philosophical, boring, irritating blogs (your choice of adjective). And I'm going to aim for bed before midnight from now on. I admit I am a night owl, but getting all that sleep is heavenly. I forgot!

No comments: