02 January 2007

Happy 2007

Phew, we survived! We made it through December, and have all resolved to take it a little easier this year. I think Jordan might be the happiest -- she's been awake & alert more today than I'd seen her through all of December. I guess the pressure is off, finally. Maybe she's more at ease because we're more relaxed. And, her barfing seems to be easing up a bit. I hope I'm not jinxing things by mentioning it here.

On Thursday grandpa Gary, grandma Kay, aunt Jessie & uncle Jon Paul arrived. On Friday grandpa-grandpa John & Dona came, followed by aunt Jill that evening. With everyone gathered, it was time to celebrate Jordan's first birthday on Saturday.

But first, it was off the Heather & Sam's house for Katy's second birthday party. Then, off to the mall for a 4-siblings photoshoot with Jill, Jon Paul, Jessie, & me. And then, finally, 15 minutes late, we all arrived for Jordan's celebration.

As with all things Jordan, it was an odd first birthday; sad in some ways for the obvious reasons, but much happier than I expected, because she was here to celebrate it! I can't say the feeling will last forever, but I'm finding a new kind of peace with Jordan lately. She may never be an astrophysicist, hell, she may never even go to a regular school, but I'm okay with that. I guess it's all part of the process of loosing a dream. But, now I'm adjusting to my new dreams, and it feels pretty good. And really, there's nobody as sweet & gentle as Jordan.

So, celebrate we did, and after a few hours of food, cake, & conversation, Devon kidnapped me across the state line. As if 2 birthday parties and a professional photoshoot weren't enough for one day, we still had our anniversary to celebrate. We drove into Portland and enjoyed a delicious anniversary dinner at Oba!, a pan-hispanic restaurant in the trendy Pearl District. Then, much to my true surprise, we stayed the night downtown at The Vintage Plaza hotel. It was heavenly! Aunt Jill & nana Noma held down the fort with Avery & Jordan at home, and fixed a nice breakfast for grandpa-grandpa John & Dona in the morning, too.

So, now we're out of "birtholiday" survival mode and trying to get back to "normal." Here's to a fresh start in 2007, and getting into a new family groove.

Goodnight kisses for Jordan tonight. Actually, it was Avery going off to bed, but Jordan joined daddy & her for some books, snuggles, & kisses, of course.

[Lots more pictures to come -- soon!]

1 comment:

Julie, Jeff, Jack, WIll and Jasper said...

I honestly don't know how you guys survive December! I had enough with just Christmas Eve, Christmas and New Years Eve! We didn't celebrate New Years day at all, and I even took down the tree this past Saturday! Good for you guys, making suer everyone had their own special day!