14 March 2008

Slimy, Bony, Spikey Things

[Yes, I have lots of time on my hands here at Shriners, and a slow but usable wireless connection. . . .]

So, a couple of weeks ago Avery & I went to OMSI again to see Dinosaurs: China's Ancient Giants. It was pretty neat, but, as expected, it paled in comparison to Walking With Dinosaurs. However, something strange happened -- Avery was scared of the dinos! They were gigantic, and once she saw the 5 robotic dinosaurs, she wouldn't go near them. So, we spent most of the time in the science area, looking at the real animals. My favorite was taking pics of the salmon in the tank that was adjusting from seawater to freshwater. While Avery played in the "stream" I got to fiddle with some of the different settings on my camera & enjoy the cool shots. I rarely get a chance to do controlled "experiments" while learning on my semi-new camera. I'm trying to use my wide-angle lens a bit more, too.

No comments: