22 March 2008

Stinky!

OMG! The stink of a cast around the diapering area. Really, there is no way, even with a Poise Pad, a #2 diaper shoved into the cast, and an Attends brief on the outside to keep that damn cast dry. And soaking in pee stinks. Desperate times call for desperate measures. So today, after some help from "hip baby" parents on line, I went to the store & bought a hairdryer with a cool setting and some red duct tape. Once the thing was dry (lots of hairdryer-ing on cool setting), I started taping it as far inside as I could & wrapping it around the outside. My feeble attempt to "waterproof" that area. We'll see how it goes. . . .

The red tape matches almost perfectly, but I did add some moleskin around the edges to make it softer on her skin.

You'd think with all the technology we have in the world today they could make a pee-resistant cast. . . . . I think this proves the point that Duct Tape Can Fix Anything!

1 comment:

Astrid said...

I always wondered how much more advanced we'd be if duct tape had been invented 100 years earlier?