09 October 2008

Worn Out

Jordan is definitely getting better & stronger, but sleeping a lot today -- more so than yesterday. I think all the coughing just wears her out. She's still in the PICU, but they're finally talking about moving her out to the ward (or even home), possibly as soon as tomorrow. My mommy instinct thinks going home tomorrow is a bit unrealistic, but hey, we'll take it if she's ready. Her labs look good, nothing cultured out of her blood, her oxygen sats are okay (could be better, but she's holding her own on room air right now), she doesn't have pneumonia, and seems to have dodged bronchitis. Just a nasty old cold virus!

As for the rest of us, it's pretty much life as usual. Devon gets Avery up & off to pre-school, then works for the day. Yesterday Avery stayed at preschool for the whole day, but on Tuesday and today nana Noma is picking her up for the afternoon. I hang out here with Jordan until ~dinner time, then head home for 6 or 7 hours of family time, then come back to sleep in the old blue chair overnight. It's much less of an imposition on the family when Jordan's in the hospital during the week -- life can almost go on as "normal."

Life isn't too bad for me in the hospital, either. I know that Jordan is getting great care here in the PICU, and the staff has been incredibly nice to me, especially since I'm pregnant. They got Jordan an adult bed so I can sleep with her (we had a great 2.5 hour nap early this morning together), and have arranged meals for me as well (which are not at all bad -- they cater very well to my picky, no-meat palate, perhaps because we're in the infant/toddler area!). And of course, there's always chocolate milk in the fridge. . . .

No comments: