23 September 2008

Too Quiet!

Totally typical! After a couple of years of not sleeping (well) due to Jordan's snoring, now I can't sleep because she's too quiet. Since the tonsillectomy 10 days ago Jordan has been breathing better than ever, gurgling less & less, and sleeping in complete silence. I find myself up every couple of hours with my ear to her mouth, checking to see if she is breathing. I guess I'll have to get used to this & learn to sleep as solidly as she finally is (~10 hours straight each night!).

So far the tonsillectomy has been completely worth it -- even though it took a scary turn the day after the surgery. I just hope the good sleeping & breathing lasts. . . .

1 comment:

Julie, Jeff, Jack, WIll and Jasper said...

Just like having a new baby again. I guess it will prepare you! Amazing how you can get used to silence! Jul