15 September 2008

Lookin' Good!

We're back on the regular floor, Jordan's last labs were pH = 7.4 and CO2 = 56 (great), and everything else looks good, too. She's been breathing completely on her own for 14 hours, and finally, when I told her at 6:30pm we were moving out of the PICU and back to 3616, she perked right up and has been awake, alert, and comfortable for hours - no pain meds required. So, if all goes well, we'll be on our way home tomorrow.

As much as I want out of here, I am a little haunted by what could have happened on Saturday morning. What if I had been driving & not noticed she wasn't breathing? Or what if we were at home and the rapid response team wasn't there to rush in? As much as I want out of here, I also want to make sure we're really ready & safe to go. This whole episode has reminded me how many surprises Jordan can still throw our way. I'm just so thankful we were still in such able hands when things went wrong yesterday.

1 comment:

Astrid said...

Glad to hear everything is looking up. Your poor girl just goes through the ringer when she gets an illness. Good to know the people who we pay the big bucks to know what they are doing ... since sometimes we wonder!